Wednesday, September 23, 2009

drawing me up the wall

the milk bar on the corner has a new lick of graffiti on its walls. it's not that great but at least it's colourful.

i like graffiti.











i want the train companies to hire graffiti artists to tart up the exteriors so we have street art snaking through our suburbs
interesting things happen on walls

illustrating street walls and special commission garden walls
( i like the feeling of this especially, secret garden-ish)
miso's wall-papering - again, interviewed on designfiles
some of her pieces remind me of klimt, stylised repetition

recently we had to get a present for a turning 11 girl. i confess i wanted to show her images like these and encourage some graphic urbanscaping because works like these, or practice like this makes me feel alive, and make me laugh and think (my favourite things ... almost)
an article in the age on wednesday got me thinking about street art. it was called if these scrawls could talks - nice one.

another image or so from a recent exhibition in a half-torn down building

No comments:

Post a Comment