Thursday, January 8, 2009

shiny

Because I am a big chicken, it's only recently that I watched The Shining.
And I'm glad I did for a number of reasons.
1. i understand more cultural references.
2. i see it on the streets!

I recently saw a very cool REDRUM tee-shirt being worn with style in Chapel Street, Windsor. I almost want one.
3. i see it in the papers!
I
read today in the Guardian that some bloke has published the novel that Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) is writing in the film.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Stupid and yet kinda cool -
you can flip through the book online, or even buy a copy.
4. but mostly, because it's good.
My favourite scene is the kid going around on his tricycle. I love the sound of the tricycle rumbling over the wooden floorboards drrrrrrrrr, muffled over the carpet and then drrrrrrrrrrrrr over the wooden floorboards again. All with ace camerawork.

No comments:

Post a Comment